Monday, January 31, 2011

Hard Lessons on Hard Drives

Don't panic - have a back up plan instead...
It's like being caught in a time warp.

Back in September 2009 I wrote about a hard drive crash that wiped out gigabytes of documents, photographs, and files containing more information that any human could possibly retain in one insignificant little brain.

Now it has happened again.

My poor long suffering Sony VAIO laptop seems to have finally given up the fight, and bitten the dust once and for all. Although I have been travelling with a back up drive, I have been remiss about backing up nightly or even weekly, and now it seems several months worth of work is once again lost in cyberspace somewhere, along with all the other terrabytes of lost information from failed hard drives everywhere.

Since I am still far from home and not due to reach Australia until late February or early March, blog updates will be few and far between until I can get my laptop looked at, and (please God), fixed, or until I buy a new one.

Thanks for reading the Compleat Traveller, and stay tuned for more occasional updates from the road.

Sigh... you'd think a man would learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments, Thoughts and Feedback is encouraged.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...